Sunday, March 21, 2010

high school daze



I can has this? (I can use it while I ride my new bike that I haven't gotten yet; and it has bicycles ON it!!)

. . .
It's funny how different the reactions to the health care reform bill range, depending on who you are and where you stand on the issue. I'm still trying to figure things out. I think people are expecting too much too soon, and they need to understand that change isn't going to come quickly or easily.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/health.care/
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_care_politics_analysis
(yes, yes, I used Yahoo! for a resource, but only because it has updates right on the main page; other than that, it's Google all the way) :)
. . .

This weekend was some strange sort of flashback time warp. A lot of catching up and reminiscing, and realizing I remember virtually nothing of my past; and what I do remember, I remember slightly differently than what actually transpired. I think that most memories end up a bit off-kilter from reality in the end. Seems like memories are part actuality, and part what you want to think happened. And sometimes that's a good thing. Sometimes not.

I wish there were some "then" pictures to go with the "now" shots, but alas, our time in high school was not the time of everyone owning a digital camera/iPhone. Not a time where every insignificant event like lunch out on the quad or goofing around in 2nd period Spanish needed to be chronicled. I hardly have any high school photos. In any case here are a couple pictures of lunch with the Syphuses, who both taught English IB/AP at Cajon High School. Cheryl Syphus was my junior year English teacher, and Harry Syphus was senior year.

They're kind of adorable together, even years later. It's sweet and genuine.


I am the only one who isn't/hasn't been married at this table. (Me and the baby). Of course, Cheryl asked-- and this was a topic that came up twice this weekend because Saturday was spent with high school friends as well-- whether I was seeing someone. To which I replied, I was, only recently. Cheryl was quick to say something to the effect of, "I'm sure that's given you something to write about at least". But I'm leaning towards not writing about relationships in my fiction anymore. I don't know enough about them, I've realized.


And then, me with my journalism buddies Jessie and Josh.


. . .

AND and... Finally got a Disneyland pass.


And then, pictures of some dorko who wanted to pose like all the Mickeys and Minnies on the tshirts in the gift shop.

1 comment:

  1. That dress is way cute. I don't even wanna know how much it is. I think most of the health care shit doesn't even go into effect until 2014. If that's the case, then peeps expecting change right away will be sadly dissapointed. Also, Jewels is a MAJOR weirdo.

    -j

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...