Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dear Netflix,




Please put the Cosby Show on instant play.

< 3,
Melis




Aside from that, I think there's something to be said for the whole tortured artist thing. Perhaps I can get something out of losing another. I'm working on a new story. It's been a long time since I've seriously written. I mean, I've written two stories last year, both of which weren't my best (although I was told by Moffett that my memoir piece was one of the best things he's read of mine, which I consider high praise, but it doesn't count because it wasn't fiction), so I'm trying to get back into really really writing, before all of that M.F.A. madness. And as much as I desperately want to run away to anywhere but here, it looks like CSUSB is going to have me for another two years, the way things are going with the application process; it's been a year of rejections all around for me so far, it seems. But I'm kind of almost sort of completely on board with sticking around because of people like Valerie and Jen who've been pretty helpful during my whole wallowing phase, which is new for me. I've never really been the wallowing type, or relied on girls for friendship for that matter. Plus, I'm really in the mix with the current M.F.A kids lately, not to mention the staff. It already seems like a home to me. Comfortable and only slightly terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...