Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the entertainment of a shy girl

(entry #2 of the day)


"The making of a great compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick off with a killer, to grab attention. Then you got to take it up a notch, but you don't wanna blow your wad, so then you got to cool it off a notch. There are a lot of rules. Anyway... I've started to make a tape... in my head... . Full of stuff she likes. Full of stuff that make her happy. For the first time I can sort of see how that is done."
-Rob Gordon, High Fidelity



High Fidelity is one of my all-time top five favorite movies. Avenue Q is great because I lovelovelove musicals and I'm not ashamed of it. Plus, it's cheeky and sarcastic and doesn't take itself too seriously. Both of these productions have scenes that deal with the mixtape.

It's been a while since I've put one up for you all, and as a special treat to add to the treat of three posts in one day, I'm featuring a mixtape from J, whose music tastes and music collection are both something to be admired and envied. He's started his own blog but there isn't much up yet. It'll be dedicated to all the goods that you see here like music and movies and books and food, even some fashion. I'll link you once it's up and running.

Here's a mix he made for me just days ago, and it's pretty darn amazing. Sadly, I'm not even going to try to look up the entire playlist on an online streaming network because I know some of these won't be available (which is always restrictive to me when making my playlists for you guys). Download them though, you won't be sorry! Click on the image to check it out. (I tried to make it bigger but it wasn't having it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...