Friday, May 7, 2010

what do you do with a B.A. in english?

This is very much topical in my life right now::


So what do you do? You go on to get your MFA in Creative Writing and then get an amazing job teaching creative writing at a university and write fantastic books full of short stories and make a difference in the world! If Aimee Bender can do it, so can I! . . . Right?

I went to the reading on campus yesterday and got to speak with Aimee Bender afterwards about the element of the fantastic, which is something I've been wanting to try my hand at in my own writing; something Ms. Bender is a master of. She's absolutely approachable and down-to-earth and wonderful. At dinner, we had Thai food, and we talked about fairytales and Alice in Wonderland and how she admired my noodles. She even signed my copy of The Girl in the Flammable Skirt. My favorite, though, is this little masterpiece::

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...