Friday, February 19, 2010

forward momentum

I've decided to get myself into gear. I'm looking for a bike right now. There's a lot to consider. There's this Raleigh Superbe road bike that is beautiful but way out of my price range. I found one on craigslist that is super cute though. And only 179$. Still looking though, so anybody have any suggestions?

The AWP Writer's conference is coming up in April, and I'm writing up my proposal and planning that out right now with Valerie. The more I think about it, CSUSB's M.F.A. program seems like a good fit. I'm comfortable with the people in it and the professors make me want to push myself to write better things which will still challenge me without the added freaking out factor of having to acclimate myself somewhere entirely new.

On the other hand, a change of scenery isn't totally unwelcome. But I'm not counting any chickens yet. I have to wait and see if I even get in anywhere else.

Guitar lessons would be great too.

Other than spending my time working and going to school, biking, guitaring... I guess I'll be reading and maybe going to Augie's to start actually writing again.

1 comment:

  1. girl your guess is as good as mine! I'm a bike-dodger on bart, not rider.. the picture was to show that only in the bay area you would have 6 bikes in just one bart car.

    I have gone biking twice in the past year.. it's been fun. I kind of want to buy one but I know I wouldn't get my money's worth. I think you should read reviews on the bike you found one craigslist bc 179$ is a good deal if the bike's a good one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...