Friday, February 26, 2010

by my lonesome


I'm tired of tiptoeing around other people's feelings. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I won't stop doing it. Because I am a chicken. A pushover.

Entirely unrelated, my high school classmates have gotten in touch with me through facebook about our ten-year reunion. Blurg. The perfect opportunity to showcase all my accomplishments over the past ten years... yeah. But I'm trying to get involved in anything just to get my mind off things and figure myself out again. I'm even going to my coworker's party tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. I haven't been to a party like the type of party this is sure to be in a long long time. And there's a reason for it in that it's not really my scene. But any distraction of some sort will do.

Today I get to see my girls! Singing or dancing or something hopefully not too reminiscent of their Christmas talent show performance. Either way, it'll be cute cute cute.

edit: My #1 pupil from the Creative Writing Workshop I taught last Spring at my alma mater is getting a poem published in the Pacific Review! Cate, you've made me a proud mama. :)



My favorite text message of all time (besides ones involving pooping on someone's face/bed): "I likes that u likes to hangout by your lonesome and I also likes you. Super cute! Thai food <3 <3 <3"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...