Tuesday, January 4, 2011

there are two things that everyone loves, cats and lasers!

I have to say that I had mostly negative experiences at American Apparel before working there, mostly as a customer at the one in Huntington Beach when I still lived in Orange County. I always had the impression that the employees were a bunch of snobs. I remember getting rung up once, and the whole time, the guy didn't look up once or say one word to me except to tell me how much it cost.

The same can't be said for the amazing staff at Victoria Gardens :) I must admit, unbiasedly, that we are the friendliest and pretty much the greatest. Also the most really ridiculously good-looking (though there's more to life than being really ridiculously good -looking, of course). This is not an opinion. Only fact. Agreed?



Yesterday we had our holiday party (a little belated this time round). We went bowling, which I always enjoy but hardly ever do. I am probably the worst bowler ever, but I love it. I took turns with J, and I alternated between missing every pin and bowling a strike! I think my highest score ever is an 80 or so. :)

My secret Santa was my coworker Michelle who loves the Laser Cats skit from SNL with Andy Samberg and Bill Hader. For her present I bought a navy knit sweater from H&E in Redlands, for a nickel! (All clothing, accessories and linens were a nickel yesterday, and today they were a penny, though by now it's definitely slim pickins.) I put cat patches on the sweater and sewed lasers coming from the cats' mouths, and voila! A one of a kind laser cat sweater! All under the $25 limit. I was excited to see her reaction, and she liked it so much she wore it the rest of the night!



3 comments:

  1. Aw! That is the cutest and what an awesome idea! I know what you mean about snobby AA workers, some of the shops I went to in the states were terrible!

    Ayesha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg the AA in HB is THE WORST!! I haven't been in years but I remember the workers being such d-bags. Victoria Gardens crew looks super legit! Hey, do you ever hang out in Claremont? I went for the first time in the summer and ate at this Spanish tapas place and it was SO.GOOD. We should plan a Claremont sesh soon??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i lovelovelove claremont! was just there the other day. super cute. let's do it

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...