Sunday, January 2, 2011

new friends, new year!

So I know this is long overdue, but before the new year, I went to a get-together with some lovely bloggers, held by Blythe, called Dressember. I'd heard of it off of Beatrice's blog, Dear Beatrice, and Ashley (my blog bestie) and I decided to go. I'm glad we did, too. I'm a really shy person, but I try to not be, and this was as good an opportunity as any. We met up at the Gypsy Den in Santa Ana on Thursday, and just sat and ate and chatted. It was nice, and you all should check out the Gypsy Den. (The one in Santa Ana is much bigger and cuter than the one in Costa Mesa, by the by. J and I have gone previously to see our roommates' wonderful and talented band Swiss Alps play. One of them, Alyssa, has a cute little blog called Love & Space. Check it out!)

Blythe, Beatrice, Gloria, me, Ashley


At the Gypsy Den.




Ashley and me. We finally meet in person! :)


Afterwards, we went to J's family's to spend New Years Eve. Pretty uneventful, but nice. We played Kinect sports and dance games, which are fun and hilarious. Other that that, there was lots and lots of eating. I'm not big on crazy New Year's Eve parties. Gimme board games and food and a fireplace, and I'm good.

Outfit for Dressember.


J's niece's Christmas present, Blueberry!


HAPPY 2011! I don't have any grand new year's resolutions. I'm hoping to just be more open, and outgoing. Put myself out there more. Also, I want to go on adventures! Let's travel, please!

5 comments:

  1. Aww this post is adorable! It must have been exciting to meet so many bloggers at once! You looked so lovely! That is is beautiful and with the tights makes it perfect!

    I love having low key New Years too! (and way too many board games!)

    Ayesha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful new years! and your outfit was so cute for dressember!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun and greeeeat to meet you!!! ^,^
    I'm going to email you and the girls soon about the rose bowl flea market this sunday! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh i'm just seeing this!! Agreed, it was so great to finally meet you (mah blog bestie!). How do you like kinect? Grant and I just bought a wii a few days ago but that kinect stuff looks so next level, i need to give it a whirl. also, that pup is too cute!!!

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...