Monday, October 11, 2010

100th post! (and opening of etsy shop)




Hello, m'dears. It's my hundredth post since I started this blog on New Years. I've had a lot of blogs before this, from xanga to livejournal, but this was the first one I started as a more public forum. Usually, my blogs are primarily for me.

I know that I haven't been much of a presence because I've been procrastinating and basically freaking out about my writers' block. The thing is that I've written plenty of published stories, but now that I'm in the MFA program working to put together a collection of short stories, I'm putting too much pressure on myself to write something that doesn't reek of student work, something that doesn't read like a workshop piece. I have three pieces due in the next two months. Wish me luck.

Now on to the post. Today J and I finally got the chance to go to the pumpkin patch we went to last year. Too bad we went kind of late so the corn maze and petting zoo were already closed. Oh well. I'll post some pictures from last year's visit in the daytime, with my short hair. Here are some pictures from tonight, first.



Candy corn fangs! Rah!


Last year, same patch.



And then an outfit shot because it was super dark at the pumpkin patch. It's candid so I look like a weirdo. But it's okay. I finally got to do an outfit post with my favorite new dress since I didn't take any full outfit pictures at the Belle & Sebastian Show. :)


Lastly, I made a pumpkin cheesecake from a recipe given to me by my older sister, Tess. I'll put up the recipe later. Here's a picture of it with the pumpkins we picked up tonight. We wanted to get some oddball-looking ones as well as some more traditional lookers. My favorites are the little white one and the green and yellow guy. I'll update with shots of our crafty pumpkins come Halloween!


Oh oh! This is a good time-- since it's my 100th post-- to let you know about my Etsy shop, HoneyBee Vintage. My name means "honey bee" so I thought it might be appropriate. There's only one listing because school has been sucking the life out of me. Tell your friends! I'll have some other things up tomorrow for sure!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...